Fiona has been a nurse for 34 years and is currently the Chief Nurse at Florence. She is a strong advocate for professional issues and fairness within the profession.
About this course
**Welcome to the Florence Conflict resolution online training. This training is aligned to the CSTF (Core Skills Training Framework) and has been developed in conjunction with NHS safe working guidelines.**
**We hope you enjoy working through this set of modules. The objectives for this course are:**
- Understand the meaning of conflict resolution and the common causes of conflict
- Recognise what 'assault means and how you can break the cycle of assault through early identification of the signs
- Be aware of the differing methods of communication and be able to identify where verbal communication does not match with body language
- Identify the various models of communication and have a knowledge of how these models will impact behaviours
- Be able to recognise the warning signs leading to conflict
- To consider the personal safety mechanisms that you can adopt
- Understand what support you need to give and where you can access support when an incident has occurred
At the end of this module there is a short assessment, and on completion you will be able to download a certificate of evidence for your portfolio.
If you are a **Registered Nurse,** full completion of this course equates to 1 hour of learning, non-participatory, for your Revalidation portfolio.
As always if you have any queries or questions relating to this 'Conflict Resolution Course' please contact your account manager in the first instance.